Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

DON'T EAT PRETTY MUSHROOMS!!

If you do, you will have to swallow nasty stuff that makes you foam at the mouth and eventually vomit all your cookies!!! I found this really pretty mushroom in our back yard and picked it for Mom. Well, she was not paying attention as she thought she had found all the mushrooms! She thought I had an apple, but when she figured out what I had she started screaming and ran after me. Wow, I didn't know this was going to be a fun game of chase! Well, then she was upset with me ...but SHE started it??? Sometimes I do not understand her rules?? I threw it in the air and caught it and started chewing it. She was digging it out of my mouth but I swallowed a couple of pieces. Had I known what would come next, I would not have picked that mushroom!! Wow, I have never seen Mom so upset and worried. She kept calling my doctor and telling them that I would not vomit it up. So they told her to pour more "stuff" down my throat. She did this SIX times!!! I guess this pretty mushroom is pretty dangerous, Mom called it a Fly Amanita.

After everything was a little more calm, Mom made me go out and show her where I found it. It was back under some brush close to our apple tree, but the brush had covered it from Mom seeing it - but *I* could see it!! I am okay now, I didn't eat that much for a big boy and what I did eat I had to vomit up, so it never got in my system. Mom was worried about my eyes as they were dilated for a couple of days, but they are back to normal now too. My Mom's co-worker said they learned in boy scouts that you should stay away from colorful mushrooms. Why didn't they teach me that in puppy class??!!?? That is a good thing to learn...as learning the hard way sure was NOT fun!

No comments: