Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Saturday, December 3, 2011

Off To Cincinnati

Mom and I are headed to Cincinnati today for an obedience trial. Good thing we show late as she had a really bad headache yesterday. We do not show until 3:00!! We found a really good crating spot when we got there and then took a walk. That may be the best part :) We get to walk in all these new great places and check it all out.

After some practice and some games, we were headed to the ring. We are in Novice WC today and we are last in the ring. We were playing and tugging and Mom did not realize that the other dogs were choosing not to do their off leash heeling so it was our turn before we were ready. We were playing with our wing and they called us in the ring and Mom looked down and my mouth was full of feathers. uh-oh... She was trying really hard to get the feathers out of my mouth. The judge was watching. We finally headed in the ring, set up for our heeling and I could still feel a feather! The judge asked if we were ready and the saw me licking and spitting and he commented that maybe Mom didn't get ALL the feathers. I did one last "spit" and all the feathers were out. And we were off!!! Mom made one other mistake and left my toy right outside the ring. On our first halt, I was worried about that and circled her before sitting. After that I was wonderful. We celebrated and moved on. I had a great run and did my off leash heeling. We were in the utility ring and it was really big and I got up too much speed to stop for my recall. I had to do a last minute side swipe and sit beside Mom so I didn't take her out. Other than that I had a great run!!!

Mom was so proud of me. I finally did my beautiful heeling IN the ring... Mom had a few things that she can learn from, but that is what wild card is all about!!

No comments: