Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Sunday, February 21, 2010

First Rally Advanced Leg


Mom and I got up really early this morning and drove to Hamilton for a rally trial. She said we were really going to have fun and see where we are at in our training. With all the bad weather, we have not done much for quite awhile. When we got there, I really made her question her decision as I was so excited to see all the pretty girls. WOW - there were girls everywhere. I sort of forgot why we were there as I just wanted to play with all those girls.

Mom let me walk around and meet and greet and then we worked on some focus games. After that I had to get in my cage for awhile. But that wasn't too bad as there was a really cute Golden named Peaches right beside me :) We played more focus games and worked on our rally moves as well as took a walk outside. It was actually nice out today!!

Then it was my turn. We got ready and entered the ring. And then Mom's scariest part, she takes off the leash and hands it over.. Well, I was a VERY good boy. We had to heel by the figure 8 exercise, so I had to heel right beside the food bowl and the toy. Mom was a little worried about it, but I did great. Then we did a left pivot, did the figure 8 with the food bowl and toy. I looked at the toy as we heeled by, but Mom told me to leave it and I did. Woohoo - then we got to do the jump! I love to jump, I got all excited by that! We just had a few more signs and we were done.

I went back to my cage and got roast beef to celebrate. Roast beef is one of my favorites, I even shared with Peaches and she thought it was pretty good too.

When we went back in the ring, I earned a 98 and a second place. There was a tie, but I had the fastest time so I won the tie. Our friends Carol and Blitz earned first place. So we had a picture taken of all of us together. We knew Jean would really like it :)

Mom was very proud of me and I had a lot of fun. What a great day!!

No comments: