Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Saturday, February 6, 2010

Lucy enrolled in boot camp!

As the day went on, it was obvious that Lucy did not have any doggie manners. Mom told her that she was going to have to learn some manners. I was very patient with her while Mom worked with her and rewarded her for doing the right things. But after she put her feet on the counter about 30 times, I decided I would help Mom. When she got on the counter, I jumped up and put my neck around her and made her put 4 on the floor. I added a little verbal grumble to let her know that we do not do that. Ok, well, maybe sometimes it is okay to put your feet on the counter, but not ALL the time. Especially when Mom tells you not too!!!

She then decided that our new leather couch was a doggie gym. I knew that was not good news. So she learned really quick that you get on the couch and lay down. You do not walk, run and especially do not climb on the couch. The couch is for lounging! If you want to run and climb you go outside and do that on the agility equipment!!! :)

Lucy really scared us as she doesn't understand that you don't bolt through doors. That can be really dangerous. Whenever Mom opens a door or a gate or my kennel, I know that you have to wait until she releases you. This way Mom can make sure it is safe and no one gets hurt. Lucy kept trying to run through the door every time that Mom and Gary went out it. Not only could it be bad for Lucy, but she almost knocked them down several times. Mom worked with her on this, but she still only did it part of the time. One time when Gary was getting ready to go through I saw she was going to bolt, so I grabbed her by putting my neck around her and shoving her back into the house. She has to understand that it is just not good to run through doors without permission.

It sure has been a long day and I am very tired. It is hard work teaching doggie manners.

No comments: