Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Saturday, November 14, 2009

JH Leg #2


After we showed on Friday, Mom and I headed to the bird field to practice. On Saturday, we went to Keeton's for the hunt test. It was 70 degrees and really hot. I was excited when I saw my brace mate, a cute little Vizsla girl named Lupita. We went to the line and then we were off! This time I went straight to the bird field!! Mom yelled for me a couple of times and then she started into the back course, so I decided I better go with her. By the time I got to Mom I was really hot and my tongue was hanging. When we got to the bird field, I started working an area and started to point and then realized it was just a hot spot, no bird. Mom raised her hand, but then realized what was going on. I am really good at knowing the difference and Mom knows that I am. I moved on and found a bird and had a great point. Mom raised her hand again and walked over to flush. You could see where a bird had been, but that was NOT what I was pointing. Mom casually brushed over the area, but she did not trust me and told me "no bird" and to move on. Well, I showed her, I reached right in and grabbed that bird!!! The judge even told her "guess there was a bird in there, wasn't there??!!" I keep hearing how we need to go for ME to practice, hmmm, *I* think Mom needs to practice :) Or better yet, trust me. She did apologize to me and told me she was sorry she didn't trust me. So I guess we are even now. I let her take me home as well as my ribbon and second JH leg. Oh, I did find and point more birds and mom flushed them!!

No comments: