Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Saturday, November 21, 2009

JH Leg #3 and LOTS of birds!!!

What a day!!! Mom and I went to Keeton's again for a hunt test. Today I was in the 8th brace and we got there early again, so I got to walk around and visit and see the birds in the pen. I played with a little 5 mo. female Weim puppy. She was really cute :) And my brace mate from last weekend, Lupita, was there too. She is a really cute little Vizsla girl. It was finally my turn and Mom was worried because it was warm again and a lot of dogs were not finding birds. She told me that ALL I had to do was go through the back course (no cheating and running directly to the bird field!) and finding and POINTING one bird. We go to the line and RUN. My brace mate today was really rude though, she kept trying to take me out and would run into me from all sides. She almost took mom out twice. The judges tried to split up the braces, but she wouldn't listen. Finally when we got to the bird field, the judge told mom to try to get as far away from the other dog as possible. As soon as I hit the bird field, I found a bird and was just going on point and here she comes, flying through between me and the bird. Luckily mom was able to get us to the other side of the bird field and I was able to work. I had so much fun, there were birds every where. I ended up finding SIX birds!!! I think mom was getting tired of firing her gun. I did catch one bird when mom flushed it, but I was very good and took it right to mom. I had so much fun and I know mom was very proud of me. And when we were leaving the bird field - I found a seventh bird!! woohoo!! that was a lot of birds in one run.

No comments: