Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Sunday, November 22, 2009

JUNIOR HUNTER


I had so much fun today AND earned a new title. When we got to Keeton's mom and I walked up to the house and there was a pigeon walking down the drive way. I was going to get him!! He was just teasing me and I was going to show him! But mom would not let me, I had to leave him alone. Gosh, I thought we were there to find birds???? We were in the fifth brace today and my brace mate was a cute little Vizsla girl that was the same age as me. We got to play a few minutes before our run, then we were told that was it, all business now. When we went to the line, mom pointed straight ahead and told me I HAD to do the back course. I kept scaring her and looking to the bird field every time she told me. I like to play tricks on her :) When she turned me loose, I was off!! I was very good and did the back course before heading to the bird field. Eden and I ran side by side a few times, but we knew we were there to work. I hit the bird field and was on point within a few minutes. I had to hold point for a long time as mom was really far behind me. I think she needs to learn to run faster!! She flushed the bird and I was off. I was a good boy to hold point that long. Then I found another bird and was on point again!! Mom tried to flush the bird, but it kept running, so I helped her. I dove in and grabbed it!!! I was good though and turned and took it right to mom. Then I found 2 birds!!! I locked on point and when mom flushed, they both took off. That was a twofer!! :) Eden and I were a good team and we even worked together during our run. I would like to hunt with her again!!! When our time was up, mom called me and I went right to her. But I still kept hunting on my way out. There were more birds out there to be found. That was our title!! But mom told me I could still go play next weekend. I was happy to hear that as I really like hunting birds!!!

No comments: