Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 2 Cinci

We had a rough night as they "over perfumed" the hotel rooms. Mom tried other rooms and talked to them, but all the rooms were the same. We ended up leaving our door open and Mom put the chair in the door so I knew not to leave. We both woke up all congested and wheezing. We couldn't wait to get out of there.

We were the second class today, so we got there around 8:00. As usual, Mom thought we were running late, but we were really too early. We were last again because another dog did not show up. But luckily there was a conflict so one dog had to go after us. We do not like going straight from our individual exercises into sit and down as it does not give us any celebration time.

We had a hard time warming up today as people kept talking to Mom and then another dog wanted my toy. So we never really got in our zone... and Mom was nervous!! It was our turn and just as we walked in, the heater kicked on. Wow! what was that?? We were just not in our zone today and it really showed. I did an okay job, but not as good as yesterday.

We went back in for sits and downs and the dog beside us took off toward me and then ran up and down the ring gate before we even got situated. The judge asked the handler if she wanted to be excused. Luckily she said yes as she was afraid her dog would bother me. Then Mom was not prepared when the judge said to leave us. The other dog sat right on the other side of me outside the ring, so I had to keep my eye on her. It was not a comfortable situation. Mom came back and we got ready for our down. I was "busy" when Mom left, so she had to give me two commands, well, she thought she did. I heard her the first time.

We went back in the ring for our ribbon. The judge was really tough as the first place dog had a beautiful run and only earned a 193. We earned our first leg on our CD, even though it was not as nice as we can do. We learned a lot this weekend and now it is time to go home and "de-perfume" our noses!!

No comments: