Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Sunday, November 8, 2009

First JH Leg!!!

WOW!!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! I had SOOO much fun!! Mom and I went to Keeton's and we had to wait awhile for our turn - Mom is always early! We did take a few walks and she took me up to see the birds while we waited our turn. She *thought* I needed to know why I was there... Finally it was our turn and we walked up to the line. I scared Mom as I kept looking over my shoulder at the pen of birds instead of at the bird field. She kept telling me that we were going the other way. Then the judges released us and off I went - and did I go. I wanted to go find birds!!! Mom had to jog at times to keep up with me. We went through the back course and then came around the corner and hit the bird field. As soon as I saw the bird field, I was in it! And then I worked it side to side just like Mom taught me. It didn't take long until I found my first bird. I was on point, but I could see that bird!!! Mom raised her hand and approached and I just could not help myself, and I grabbed that bird! I could tell by the look Mom gave me that she was worried. She told me to bring it, and I just looked at her. She told me again, and I decided I should probably listen so I could play some more (she threatened me, you know. She said that I had to *earn* the right to play again. So I didn't get to go back next week if I didn't listen.) So I was a very good boy and I took the bird to her and put it right in her hand. And I gave it to her. She was so excited and told me what a very good boy I was!!!! I found and pointed 2 more birds and Mom shot her gun this time - so we passed!! Woohoo!! my very first JH leg. The judges then asked Mom to collar me and leave the field as my brace mate had not found a bird yet. Mom told me to come and I thought about it, but I went to her and she praised me again and put my leash on. I kept hunting all the way out of the field as I didn't want to stop. It is just so much fun to find and point those birds. I was really hot after our run as it was 60 degrees and I worked hard. Mom and I walked around for awhile and Mom took the bird to Denny that I had caught. She pulled it out of her pocket and it was still alive. I didn't even hurt it, they were pretty impressed. She then put me in my cage and went and got our ribbon. I can't wait to go and do that again!!!

No comments: