Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Saturday, April 20, 2013

OUR TURN

After Mom's walk through, we had to wait about 10 minutes and then we harnessed up and headed to the first station.  You wait "on deck" at 3 different stations as approaching the actual test.  Everyone was so nice and thought I was so handsome.  The workers talked to Mom along the way as they directed us from one station to the next.  When we got to the second station, they had practice boxes, so we went out and did one practice run.  Mom wanted to make sure I knew why we were here.  Well, considering it is all she has talked about as well as I have on my "nose work harness" I think I know why we are here.  We had two more stations and then it was our turn.  We walked through the door and I looked around and spotted the boxes.  I looked at Mom and said "I am READY!!"

We lined up before the start line, Mom asked if I was ready and then she turned me loose.  I found the right box in about 2 seconds (no kidding!!)  Mom delayed in calling "alert" as I think she was shocked that I found it so quick.  But she knows to trust me, called "alert" and the judge said I was right!!   I got my cookies and went to get my scorebook signed.  Everyone in the room complimented what a fabulous job I did.  Then when Mom went to get my book, I leaned up against the judge and gave him a big hug.  He gave me a hug back :)

Back to the car with lots of rewards and smiles.  Mom was so proud of me.  Then Mom had walk through for our second (anise) run.  We were third in this wave, so Mom came back early to get me.  Back to our stations and a quick peak at the practice boxes and we were off to compete.

We walked into the room again and this time the boxes were in a different place than before.  I looked at the boxes and looked at Mom and said "let's go!!"  We lined up, looked at each other and off we went.  I found the "hot box" in 3.38 seconds.  This time, mom did not delay, she called alert right away and of course I was right!!

I think I really impressed the judge.  He told Mom he had a friend that had been looking for a Weim and asked if Mom would give me up.  Yea, right??!! 

Back to the van for more rewards and lots of praise and celebrating.  We took a walk and hit the road to come home.  

What a FABULOUS trip!!  I had soo much fun.

No comments: