Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Saturday, January 2, 2010

BIRDS!!!

We got to go play "birds" today. I was so excited when I realized where we were going. It was really cold outside (17 degress AND lots of wind) but I forgot about being cold when there were birds. In between working, my teeth would chatter. We have been working really hard on my "whoa" with bumpers, frozen quail and other fun things, but today was the test with real birds. I did a GREAT job. I was able to hold my "whoa" with birds being thrown on the ground in front of me. Then we would walk and Mom would whoa me as the bird was leaving the bag. Mom was very proud of me!! We are going to continue working on this as well as our bumper work at home until our next lesson. I ended up with a couple of cuts on my feet from working out in the snow, but they were fine by the time we got home. I think Mom was more worried than me - I just wanted to do bird work!!!

No comments: