Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rally Trial 1

Mom and I went to the APDT trial today. We only entered Level 1 as Mom did not feel I was ready for level 2. After much debate (and convincing from Sue) Mom officially entered me in the "big boy" class - off leash!! I heard Mom tell Sue that she would remember who told her to do this!! We first had Level 1 which was on leash. Mom went and walked our course and when she went to check in found out we were first!! OMG! Walk through was almost over and we were first. Mom and I ran out so I could potty, ran back in, did a few things and it was our turn!! We did very well on this course. I was almost a perfect boy. Toward the end of the course, we had to do a sit-down-sit-down and by the second down I figured Mom was confused so I just looked at her, like what??? Well, I guess she read the sign right and she had to tell me again to down, so we lost a point. Other than that we were clean!! So we had a 209 out of 210.

We had quite awhile to wait since we were first in Level 1 and almost last in Level 2. We took a long walk and then came back inside and visited with friends. I LOVE to go see my friends!!! When it was getting close to our turn, Mom was getting nervous. I'm not sure why, I really am a good boy :) When we got in line, Sue was sitting there and she was telling her all the things I "could" do.... she said I could retrieve the food bowls (or eat all the food) or I could go visit with the judge (I do like to introduce myself to everyone!) or I could run away, but I'm not sure where she thought I would go?? We have to do figure 8s around 4 food bowls full of food and Mom was afraid I would try to eat the food or take the bowl??? Isn't she silly??

We had probably the hardest bonus too - but I knew I could do it. While mom was heeling she would tell me "down" and she would keep walking. I had to down where she told me and she had to keep walking to the next sign, then call me to front.

Well - guess what??? I did great, even though Mom was nervous, and I didn't even touch those food bowls. Mom told me to "leave it" and I did!

And even better - I WON the class!!! woohooo! maybe NOW she will trust me. I earned a 203 out of 210. Pretty good for the first time in Level 2. As Betsey said, Mom "unleashed the beast."

No comments: