Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fun weekend

What a fun weekend I had with Mom at the APDT trial. We went into the weekend needing 3 Level One Qs for our Level One Championship and 3 double Qs in Levels 1 and 2 with a score of 190 or higher. I thought we could do it, but Mom didn't think we would be that consistent. We got our number and we were 103 so we knew we were early in the ring. Mom walked our course and we were ready to go! The first run was on leash, we both like it better "off" leash! I was a little distracted for our first run, but Mom thought I did better than at class on Friday night. I earned a 202! woohoo! starting off great. We then did our level 2 class and we did a great job. I didn't lay down on my bonus right away, I was worried about everyone around the ring. But we earned a 198 in the regular exercises, so another great run!!

We were crated by Kaos, the cute little Airedale girl. I got to play with her some between trials. Plus I got to play with Cory the Sheltie and we had FUN. He likes to box like I do. Mom was just worried I would hurt him as he is small!! It was a lot of fun in our downtime as well as we ate lunch!!

We had 2 more great runs in the afternoon and I did well on my bonus' too! I even earned a 209!! Mom thought I had a lot more confidence than last trial in May and more confidence in the afternoon than the morning trial.

We ended the day with 4 for 4 and all my runs counted toward my ARCH! So now just one more L1 Q and one more DQ!! It would be fun to get my big ribbons in front of all our friends.

We headed home to eat dinner and relax. Well, after we went out and ran in the backyard. I ran and ran and ran, it was fun to zoom around the yard. Mom and I had taken a lot of walks during the day, but just not the same as running around with NO LEASH!

No comments: