Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Monday, January 2, 2012

Playin with the big boys...

Mom and I had a BIG day today. We left early to go to an obedience workshop. We were the newbies in the group and probably the less experienced, but we held our own and had fun!! We started with a tricky heeling pattern from the National Obedience Invitational. Talk about turns!! And about turns from a stand still. Pauline talked to Mom before we started and told her to give me good cues. We did a very nice job. I had one crooked sit as we had to sit with our noses next to the dogwalk. We also had posts with good cookies and toys waving in our faces, but I knew it was a trick :) We then did 4 post figure 8s. I got confused one time as mom walked through the posts to the second set and I thought I knew where we were going. Oh, I also stole my toy out of mom's pants. Every one thought that was funny, they told Mom she was her own distraction.

Then we did a bunch of individual exercies all over the room. So there was a lot of commotion and movement and all kinds of distractions. We did go outs, we started with the medium distance and then moved to the short distance. Then we moved to the real thing. I did it! I did it!! I was having trouble running through the jumps to do my go out, but we have been working on this for 2 weeks and I did it correct today. I also did super sits on my go outs. They were "perfect."

Then we worked on signals. Mom and I went in the corner where there was not much going on and I did a great job with those too.

Next was group stays. They are out of sight, but Mom comes back to reward me. I had my "little red rocket" out the entire time (3 minutes) and when mom got back I stood up and it HURT. I couldn't move - HELP!! I screamed. Linda helped Mom, she ran and got water so we could put it back. Wow, that was scary!! Mom let me move a little -then back to work! We did our 5 minute down.

We did some scent articles and I was 100%! We worked close to other dogs and I did great with the distraction.

The last game we played was FUN!! Everyone put all their gloves out on the floor, marking them so they knew which was theirs. Then we heeled around, stopped, marked and retrieved our glove. We have been practicing really close gloves for the past couple weeks too and it really helped as the gloves were everywhere. I did everyone of them correct.

I wish we could do this more often, it was so much fun!! There were a lot of dogs and action and fun games.

No comments: