Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tornado at MY house




Mom was at work and I heard a lot of noise and then the radio went off so I could really hear it. There were trees going down everywhere and hail for 5 minutes non-stop. Then branches and leaves were flying and hitting the house. I really wished Mom would get home soon. She has been working late so I was not sure when she was coming home, but hoped she knew what was going on. It was almost 2 hours later before she came home, I guess she had no idea it was so bad at home. We went out to assess the damage. It seems like the tornado hit the high school and then kept coming straight east and hit a lot of houses in the path and right into our back yard. It only got our yard and one neighbor. Luckily our house was fine, but there were leaves and branches and hail all over. The leaves were even plastered to the house.

Mom and I ventured into the back yard with caution. Half our apple tree was on the ground and one of our big pine trees. Our neighbor lost 8 trees, all sheared off about 20' in the air. All my jumps and tire were twisted and turned over. The one side of the aframe and teeter were buried in leaves and branches, but luckily nothing was broken.


We took a lot of pictures as it was just unbelievable. Here is the slideshow: Storm Pix

I was so happy when Mom got home and we were very lucky that there was no severe damage. Just a lot of cleanup to be done!

No comments: