Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rough Day!

I had a really bad morning. When we got up, I didn't get my cookies. Every morning when we get up, Mom and Gary get coffee and I get a cookie. This morning, Mom acted like she didn't even know I was to get a cookie. Then when it was time for my breakfast, she just did her exercises and completely missed breakfast. Hello ... I'm a growing, hungry boy... I kept grabbing her sleeve to get her attention. She didn't do anything so when Gary was headed to the kitchen I grabbed his sleeve. He ignored me too?? What is going on, am I invisible???

Then Mom loaded me in the van and told me I was going to the dentist today. When Lucy was here, she hit me really hard in the chin with the top of her head (trying to grab things before I got them.) I ended up with tissue damage and a swollen lymph node. When I was massaged my jaw popped and then Dr. Karen was afraid there may be jaw or tooth damage. So Mom took me to see Dr. Tom today for dental/jaw x-rays and exam. I really liked Dr. Tom, he was cool.

I had to stay there by myself like a big boy, but Dr. Tom took me to the back and I got to watch the kitties. The tech thought she was going to take me to the back, but I wanted him to do it! Then I took a nap and he did my exam and x-rays. Luckily everything was okay. When I woke up, I watched the kitties some more and he called Mom and told her the good news.

He told Mom that it seems like all soft tissue damage, including the swollen lymph node. He said everything should be back to normal in a few weeks. I sure hope so!!

Mom took off work and came to pick me up. We went home and I ate a chicken breast - well, I inhaled a chicken breast, I was starving!! I could hardly sit up I was so tired, I kept swaying and falling on Mom's lap. She finally made me lay down and then she took a nap with me.

I wanted to play, but I was just so tired. Mom made me lay down and sleep. What a rough day! I sure hope I get breakfast tomorrow!!

No comments: