Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Friday, August 12, 2011

First Novice Run Through

We had our first novice run through tonight and we did a good job. There were a lot of dogs there for the small waiting area. We didn't have a lot of room to warm up, so we had to go in without much practice. It took a couple of times for Mom to get me in proper position (and she even stepped on my foot once - ouch!) but we got in position and we were off. My heeling was very nice, I had a few places where I lost focus as I was looking outside, but Mom got me and we were back on track. My figure 8 was bootiful (according to Mom) but I know I worked very hard on it. My stand for exam was really good too! My off leash heeling was nice, but again, I lose focus every now and then, but Mom would get me and take off and I would catch up and be great again. Guess WE need to work on that focus thing :) My recall was nice, but Mom said my front was off and my finish was a little crooked as I came too far around to look at Mom -she did want focus -right??!! Mom was surprised about my front as we work on them all the time and I can do them great. Don't tell her, but I was looking out the door and then realized I was too far over after it was too late.

I did a great sit stay, we actually did a 2 minute one so that was an AWESOME sit stay :) my down stay, well, let's just say, it wasn't as good as it should have been. Mom could not figure out why I couldn't lay down and wait for a couple minutes when I can lay down in the agility building with all action going on, Mom not watching AND for a lot more time. I just think it is more stressful when she is staring at me!!

But all in all, our first run through was a huge success. Mom even had other handlers tell her that my focus was beautiful. So I think she should lay off a little. We had a lot of fun! I hope we can go do that some more!!!

I wish I had a video, but Mom forgot the camera. She kept saying she had to get it and then remembered when we were about half way there. Maybe next time...

No comments: