Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Sunday, April 22, 2012

Nosework!

Mom and I had F U N !!! today.  We got up really early and took off to Cincinnati.  Well, after our normal stop at Panera for breakfast.  We were there when they opened the doors :)   We went to a new place for us, we have not been there before.  The driveway is on a hill and Mom parked the van and we were tilted sideways and it felt weird.  Mom said it made her dizzy, so we had to move to the bottom of the hill.  But that was okay as then we got to take a longer walk to the building.  

I was not sure what we were going to do, there were no "clues" when we got there.  Mom sat up our spot and got our name tags and then got me out to play.  We practiced our obedience in a new environment and worked on my nose bridge.  I am glad I learned that as it is fun!   Then we went into another room to practice and it had a dogwalk, but the room was dark.  So I did not think that is what we were going to do.  

Then when we came out of that room I saw all the boxes all over the floor.  COOL!!  I love boxes.  But wonder what we are going to do with them here.   I had to go back to my cage and every one talked for awhile and then Mom came to get me.  We got to go first.  I was so excited to be standing right by all the boxes.  I was supposed to watch and then Mom turned me around to hide my eyes.  Then we turned back around and Mom told me to "find it!"  Wow, this looks like fun, but what am I supposed to find?  I am game so I take off and start going through all the boxes.  WOOHOO!!  Meatballs, I found meatballs.  I like this game.  I did so well, she put them in a box inside a box, but I found it :)   We got to do 4 passes for our turn.  I did great!  This game is easy.  The instructor told Mom she did a great job praising me at just the right time.  Well, I did all the work so Mom should praise me.

I had to go back to my kennel and let everyone else have a turn.

We got to play one more time and I knew exactly what to do this time.  I followed my nose!!  I didn't even have to search, I just followed the scent.  The only one that I had to search was the one up high.  I didn't know they could be up high, I was searching the ground.  But I found it!!!

Mom and I even had someone come up and tell us how much she enjoyed watching us work together.   She could tell how much fun we had!  I sure hope we get to play that game again soon.

No comments: