Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Saturday, April 14, 2012

Run Thru - including Utility!!!

Mom and I went to a run thru today and we did novice, open and utility. Mom was not happy with our novice, she said I could heel much better. I did really good stays though and that was big as it is the first time I have done them in the ring since the bad stuff happened. And I was between two dogs. We also did 3 min sits and 5 min downs, so I had to stay there for a LONG time!!

When we started open, Mom took off and left me because she didn't think I was heeling as well as I could. It did get my attention and I did much better. Then we did our drop on recall and I did a very good job. Mom was actually excited as I did much better than she thought. And then the dumbbell came out - woohoo!!! I love my dumbbell. I did great on all my jumping.

Then we were ready to try utility. Mom told our "judge" that we were modifying as we are still in the learning process. We started with signals and Mom just went about 1/3 the normal distance, but they were PERFECT!! What a great way to start. Next we did articles and I had trouble, but Mom said she didn't help me very much. She should have done all metal and had the article placed in the top part of the pile. Two of my issues are quick "retrieves" on leather and standing over the bottom of the pile. But I still found the right one, eventually. The we did gloves. I like to retrieve gloves. Mom had a bad turn and didn't get me pointed at the right one, so we had to adjust, but then I nailed it!!

Directive jumping was next. We did 3/4 of the distance, but my go outs were fast, straight and really quick turn and sits!! Lots of compliments on that :) I also nailed both of my jumps exactly right. Then we moved to the moving stand. I probably took a few steps before stopping, but it was still okay. I did a good exam and then right into heel when Mom said to.

Wow - the first time in utility for both of us and it was Great!! Pauline and Linda were very thrilled with us too!! But of course, mom is focused on fixing my heeling....

No comments: