Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Saturday, July 24, 2010

Agility Trial Day One

Mom and I were entered in a local trial this weekend and we did not think we would be able to go. But Mom and Gary talked and thought it was best that we go. This way Gary can rest and Mom and I can do something together since Mom has been gone all week and we have not been to class or had a chance to train.

We had to get up really early as we were in the very first class. Our first class was Open Fast. The send was two jumps at an angle, but it was really hard to get points as all the high value obstacles were facing the same direction. Mom planned a nice course for me, but she pulled me off the jump with her body language. She was actually pretty happy about that as we have been working on me following her.

Our second class was Open Standard. This is our first time in Open Standard too. Mom was very concerned about the chute to the aframe as it was very tight and a very bad angle for the big dogs. She even talked to the rep about it and had him measure. But it was in a tight corner and he said there was no other way to move it. Then Dr. Joanne was walking and she questioned him about it too. They decided they would have to go the long way around and then rear cross us up the aframe to help the approach. There were a lot of discriminations on the course too, especially a lot of off course tunnels. We also had a U-shaped tunnel with a chute beside it. So a lot of communication to know which opening to take.

We had a very nice run going but then I slid off the table. I tried really hard to hang on and was even "teetering" on the edge (ha - that's funny!) but I fell off. Then when I got back on I was stressed that I couldn't hang on and I didn't lay down right away. After the aframe was the weave poles and I missed my first entry, but hit on the second try. And then I did really great poles. Mom was very proud of me to hit on the second try as well as perform them so well. We didn't qualify, but we had some really nice parts in our run. And Mom thought one of the best parts was my great attention and focus before we ran. She said it was the best ever!

The crating was in a separate building and the air conditioner broke. It was really hot where we were crated and I do NOT like to be hot. We ran standard at 12:30 and Mom just walked our JWW course at 5:30, so I was really hot by the time we ran JWW. I did a nice job considering, but then ran past the last jump. I was focused on Mom and I don't think she really gave me good direction. Hmm... Maureen told her the same thing!

We had a good day, but it was sure a long one and really hot in the afternoon.

No comments: