Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Sunday, July 25, 2010

Agility Trial Day Two

We were running late this morning as Mom was really tired. Mom always gets to a trial one hour before it starts, but today we just got setup when Mom had to go walk and then I was the ninth dog in the ring. We didn't have much time before our run. We took a quick walk before Mom put me in my cage so she could go walk. Open Fast was first, but again, it was a really bad approach to the aframe, including a tunnel / aframe discrimination and then a send out to the weave poles. Mom decided right away that we were just going to run for fun and not set me up to be hurt or to fail.

We did jump/aframe/weaves and then on through the course. I did a great discrimation and even hit my weaves on the very first try. Mom was so proud of me and so glad she made the decision that she did. Sometimes the Q is not the best thing! We had a really fun time and zipped right through everything.

We had about 4 hours before our next run, so we went out for a long walk. It was pretty steamy outside and I got really hot. It was not as hot as yesterday though.

Open Standard was our next class. It was hard as there were two discrimations with the aframe/tunnel. We had to take the aframe the first time and the tunnel the second. There was a pinwheel of jumps really close to the teeter and a lot of dogs were either taking the teeter or putting their feet on it. I was very good and did all the discrimations properly. I had one refusal on the jump after the aframe and then it took two tries for my weaves. But I didn't have any off courses and I got right on the table and sat down. Little dogs were having trouble getting through the pinwheel without touching the teeter and I did it very well. Mom worked hard on the last jump this time to make sure that I knew to take it.

We had a long wait before our next run, probably about 5 hours. It started to rain and Mom took me out to potty and we were soaked. We walked and walked and walked. Even with my short hair, water was running off of me. We got towels to dry me, but Mom was taking too long and I kept going through her legs and drying on her shorts. Then Susie walked over to talk to Maureen and she had her back to us. So I rubbed my whole body across her butt to try my side. Mom apologized, but they thought it was funny. Mom needs to hurry up and get me dry!

At 4:30 we were walking our course. It was a pretty tough JWW course for novice. A lot of crosses and off course opportunities. Mom had several front crosses planned, hmmm, we will see :) I was really excited for my jumpers course when Mom took me to the ring. She was afraid I would be hot and tired, but I was READY! We were doing really well up to obstacle #9, Mom tried to do a landing side front cross and I went by the jump. We were able to go back and fix it and then Mom had to work really hard for the last four jumps. They were basically in a row, but offset and she was not able to get that front cross she planned. We did it though, we qualified with a third place and our second Novice JWW leg. I got a really cool toy too!

I had a lot of fun this weekend. It was a long weekend, but Mom was with me most of the time and we took a lot of walks. Mom also thought I had really good focus and attention outside the ring.

No comments: