Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Sunday, January 23, 2011

RL3 Title and Award of Excellence

We had another great day! I like being in level 2 and 3 as we get to sleep in, eat our bagel at Panera (and Mom gets her much needed coffee!) and we can get there at 8:00 and have plenty of time for our first run. Our level 2 run was very technical today and Mom was worried she would miss another sign. But we did great and started the day with 200. Mom and I made an error with our communication and I did a beautiful call to heel but I was supposed to do a front first. I think we both had a part in this one! I was not sure what she wanted and just did what we have been practicing the most.

Next was our Level 3 class. We only needed one more leg for our title and we were 2/3 of the way to our Award of Excellence. To earn the AOE you have to qualify in your first 3 attempts at L3 with a 195 or higher. We had signal exercises today and we have not done those in the ring, so of course, Mom was nervous. Do you know how many times we have practiced these in the past few months?? I think I do them in my sleep. We even went to Home Depot earlier this week and practiced. Well, surprise, surprise, I did them GREAT, and the rest of the course. We earned a 209 and got the highest score of all the level 3 dogs, even those with their L3 championships.

So we earned a first place, our Level 3 Title (RL3) and an Award of Excellence (AOE) I just don't know what Mom was soooo worried about!!

No comments: