Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Friday, June 4, 2010

AGILITY!!

It was not a good start to the weekend, but ended up being a fun time!! After mom set up my cage, she took me in the building and as I went around a corner, a dog hit it's cage growling at me. So she took me the other way and 3 shelties hit the side of their short little x-pen and knocked it into me. Wow, I thought everybody loved me?? I could not believe they were so mean to me. I just wanted to get out of there.

Mom to the rescue.. she got help and we moved my cage outside the arena area so I could relax and see all the dogs coming and going. We had about one hour before I had to walk in that room to get to the ring. We went in the other way and made it to the practice jump. There were nice dogs on that side and a cute little Golden girl. I felt much better. Mom was not sure what I would do after all the stress of the morning. We had to wait on the line for awhile as they forgot to set the table after we were ready.

Then we were off! We ran standard first and it was a line of jumps to the weaves - woohoo! I missed my weave entry, but came right back and did them. I also did very good contacts, and waited while Mom would lead out. I even aired my Aframe! as I shot out of tunnel and had the speed to go up and over, but I didn't think I was going to be able to stop, it was hard work!! Mom told me what a good boy I was for that! I did get a refusal at the chute, I ducked my head to go in, but it just did not look the same and I ran on by. Mom had me come back and do it and then it was fine. We earned our very first agility leg with a 95 and a second place!!!

FAST was next and Mom set up a course to have me work on my weaves in the ring. The send was Aframe to a panel, she wasn't sure about sending me to the jump after stopping on the contact, but it was the only way it fit into the plan. I did a great job, did the send with no problem and we earned our first Novice FAST leg.

What a fun day it turned out to be. I really like playing agility!!

No comments: