Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Friday, June 11, 2010

Run Thrus and Bunny - what a night!

When Mom got home from work she told me I got to play at a new place. I was excited to go meet new friends. We drove for quite awhile and finally pulled in the driveway... I couldn't wait. Mom went in first (as always) so she could walk the course. I was waiting in the van and a really bad storm started, there was thunder, lightning and lots of rain. FINALLY, Mom came out to get me... gosh, sure took her a long time to think about me out in the rain. When we went inside there were so many new friends to meet. I was so excited that we came to play. Mom and I played on the jump and table while waiting our turn. It was really hard for me to pay attention as there were dogs all around me. But I did a good job and stayed with her.

When it was our turn, I got a little distracted as I had turned the wrong way, but then I ran through the tunnel and was ready to go! I missed my weaves on the first try, but went right back and did them. We had some time left so we did another sequence, ending with the weaves. and I did them the first time - woohoo!! Mom and Mary both cheered for me, that was pretty cool! Our time was done and we went back outside to wait for our turn again. Mom didn't want me to wait in the van because of the storm. So we waited in the building and played on the practice equipment and some attention games. We had three turns and I did my weaves every time, so then Mom made a new sequence and she could see in my eyes that she misdirected me and whoosh - I was through the tunnel. After a few more tries, I was nailing my weaves and flying through.

When we got home Mom let me outside. She said she was worried about me as I was sliding all over the deck and "running" but not going anywhere and then I almost fell off the deck. Then she saw why, there was a bunny on our deck and I was going to get him!!! I chased him all the way across the yard, but he went under the fence. Darn! Wish I didn't slide and I would have got him!! I made Mom let me out about every 5 minutes so I could sneak up on him, but he never came back...

No comments: