Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Saturday, May 15, 2010

Go For It! Day One

Mom and I drove to the training building this morning (well, after our stop at Panera!) We had to be there at 8:00 to set up our space since we were a working dog. The seminar is a very controlled environment and we each got our own "room" of ring gates and we had our own parking place and door to go in. I think Mom made about 10 trips taking all our stuff inside, when is it MY turn?? I want to go in!

After it was all carried in and arranged, here is my great spot:

We had a great area and we could open the gates to watch everyone else, or close the gates and work off leash in our area.

We did a lot of basics today, lots of mat work, warm up type exercises (hand target, eye contact, doggie zen) a lot of thinking type games. We each got a turn in the big ring and got to "be a dog" so that Meghan and Helix could see our default behaviors. I was a good boy and stayed with mom most of the time. I did scan a time or two, but kept my attention on her and ran back when she tossed cookies for me. I also demonstrated my "default behavior" which is to sit and look at mom's eyes! I know that gets me cookies!!

After our big day, we went back to the hotel for dinner and a walk. And then I crashed! It was a long day with a lot of "brain" work!

No comments: