Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Sunday, May 16, 2010

GO FOR IT! Day Two

Back for day two, we didn't have to be there until 8:30 today since we were all setup. Last night Mom was thinking about questions and she was going to ask how to put all of this together at a trial. Once I know all the games, how do we use them at a trial? Once we were all settled in, Megan came up to mom and said that we each get a turn to demonstrate one game so that we get to see everything "in action." Our turn was to show how to put it all together, how funny is that?? That was Mom's question :) So we would go last, after everyone else shows all the individual games, then we get to go outside and pretend we are at a trial and how we use CU from the moment we pull into the parking lot to the moment we walk in the ring.

Megan said she and Helix were very excited because they have never been able to do this at a seminar before. Oh, great, now Mom will be stressed!!!

We started our day with some mat work while we listened to all the different pieces. I got more lamb and rice in the food tube too! Mat work is great :)



Then each of the other dogs got their turn to show one of the games in action. Olive got to go first. It was funny as Mom and I thought we knew Olive and then Mom ate lunch with Olive's mom. (Mom also thought she looked very familiar) She found out she was an APDT Rally judge and asked if she had judged at Wild Weavers. She said, "I thought I recognized Edge" how funny, she knew me too!!

Then all the other dogs got a turn and I really enjoyed watching them. The "ring" was in the middle and all our spaces were around the ring, so we could watch what was going on. Rudy is a Vizsla and Rudy LOVED his mat. He had to heel two steps and then got to run to his mat. He was funny as he would "cuss" out his Mom if she got confused. He wanted clear instructions!!

We worked on the "say hi" game and Mom messed up. She kept giving me doggie zen palm up and I knew I was not supposed to bother doggie zen hand. Finally Helix saved me!! She came around and told Mom why I was not touching. Whew, I'm glad someone understood! As soon ash she turned her hand over, I touched it! Then I got to "say hi" to other people too and got treats for it. This is FUN!!

I also had my picture taken with my paws on Mom's shoulders. Everyone was trying to guess who was taller. I think *I* won. But Rudy's dad wanted a picture of the two of us looking eye to eye.

No comments: