Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Friday, March 11, 2011

Great Day!

We had a great day at the Rally / Obedience Trial today. The club was having two rally trials and one obedience trial, so Mom decided we would enter Beginner's Novice since we were there. It was our first class and Mom was a little nervous about our first time in the obedience ring.

The crating area was VERY packed and there was no room to do anything. It was a little overwhelming for me as I like to check out everyone and everything! Mom kept saying she was not in my world, she really was, I was paying attention to her, I just was not watching her! :)

We went in the ring and did our heeling. Mom thought it was okay, but thought I could have done better. Yea, yea, yea, she always thinks that. Then we did our figure 8, this is the first time I have done a figure 8 in the ring. I did a pretty good job, but forgot one of my sits as the posts were people!!! We have not practiced with people before. Maybe Mom should have done a better job :)

I got really excited that we were playing, so I would leap high in the air after each exercise. Mom was happy that I was so excited in the ring AND that I could do that and then return to her side for each exercise. We had to do our sit for exam next, that was easy as I am used to doing things like this. Next was the sit stay while Mom walks around the ring. This is what Mom was worried about. She was good though, as she kept her eyes on me as much as she could and smiled at me. We aced that one!! Last was our recall. We have done a lot of recalls, so we were not worried. Mom was thrilled with me too, as she called me and I flew to her and did a perfect front. I did bump her before I sat, but not bad.

We qualified our first time in Obedience with a 193 out of 200 points. We were both very happy. I got a lot of compliments on my enthusiasm. Best of all, Mom was proud of me to have such enthusiasm and then immediately have control to do my exercises.

No comments: