Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Friday, March 11, 2011

Rally Excellent

Our next class was rally excellent. This was our first time in rally excellent. We have been able to do all the exercises, it is just that there is another dog in the ring with you, the "honor dog" and then you honor the next dog. Mom didn't get to walk as much as they had awards in the beginner novice ring during our walk through, so she was rushed and didn't concentrate like she should have. Then we had a long wait as we were at the end of the class. She was doing okay until she realized who we were honoring! During the Novice class, two dogs got up on stays, ran around and around the ring, jumped the ring gates and went in the rally ring and bothered the dog doing rally. Well, we get to honor one of those dogs..... oh, no, Mom really did not need this! She had her plan in place to protect me and to make sure the honor steward knew what was going on. On the positive side, the judge was the same one judging when this happened, so she would be watching too.

It was finally our turn and we walked in the ring to do our thing. Then I saw there was a dog in my ring, huh, why is that dog in MY ring?? I had to keep my eye on him as this is my ring right now. Mom kept telling me it was okay, but I had to make sure. We did a good job, but I was a little distracted about that other dog.

Then it was our turn to honor. You can't go out and get your cookie reward before your honor and I did not think that was right. I thought I should get my reward for doing a good job. We headed to the honor station and Mom put me in a sit stay. Then the Swissie came in and started his run. When he was headed our way he was really looking at me, but Mom told me it was okay. When he got to the station right beside me he was headed toward me and Mom said I got "big eyes" but Mom was watching and told me it was okay. The Swissie's Dad saw it too and got him under control and they were off the other direction. Whew, that was close! He took a long time to do the course so I had to sit there for a long time. Finally the judge said "return" and Mom came back to me and we were able to go get our cookies!! yea!! I got lots of chicken and roast beef for being such a good boy.

When the class was over, we were called back in and I earned a 94 out of 100 and a 4th place. We thought it was very good for our first time in the ring. We have practiced at class with other dogs in our ring, but they were my friends.

So 2 for 2 for the day, and one more to go!

No comments: