Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Friday, March 11, 2011

Rally Excellent Leg 2

We had our last course of the weekend and it was a very challenging course. The honor was a down right at the opening of ring gates and the working dog would come over a jump right toward you. There was also a serpentine into a spiral and the dreaded back up (well, dreaded by most, but I am good at it!) My honor dog was a Vizsla and Mom was worried I would want to go play with him. (I think Mom worries too much!) It was my turn and we entered the ring and were off. We started with a 180 left pivot, which I am very good at now! Then to a moving stand which is another difficult exercise, but I nailed it! Then we went on through the rest of the course, over the jump toward the honor dog, Mom's voice changed a bit when she called me back in position by the honor dog. I wasn't even looking at him, I was working! We were nearing the finish, did our back up, perfect by the way :) and we were done. I was so excited as I knew I did a great job. I was jumping and bouncing and ready to go get my reward. Darned, I forgot about that honor station. We went to our honor station and Mom put me in a down and then they realized the jump was not right. So we got up and moved around a little. I tried to go get my treat again, but we could not leave the ring.

Finally, everything was ready and Mom put me in a down stay and walked away. The little beagle that was working was cute, but I tried really hard to be good and keep eye contact with Mom. The Beagle worked through the course quickly, so I didn't have to do a very long down stay, which was fine by me. We were released and off to get our reward.

We went back in for awards, and I earned first place with a 98. Just as I was getting my ribbon, the other judge walked up and said, wow, you must have a great back up! Our judge told her that we did! Mom was amazed at how many dogs could not walk backwards, but we have worked really hard on this for a long time. So it paid off today :)

We went back to our cage and I got more cookies, then we started packing for the drive home. It was a long fun day!

No comments: