Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Friday, October 21, 2011

Fun and challenging (Pt 1)

Mom and I got up really early this morning to go PLAY! We have not been to a competition for a long time as I have not been feeling good. Mom worked really hard to help me get better and then try to keep me sound. I get hurt a lot too :(

We knew we would have some additional challenges since we have not competed in over 6 months. But we had no idea what would be thrown our way.

We got there early to get a good crating spot and give me time to settle in. Mom took me out about 8:30 to warm up and go potty, but knew I would not compete until after 10:00 so we were pretty relaxed. Around 10 she went to walk our course, just started her walk and the steward came up and said we had to honor the first dog as we were the last in the class. We had no idea we would have to do this as they started with B dogs and we were last in A. Well, Mom knew she had to walk her course, get me all the way outside (a pretty long walk through all the buildings and across the parking lot) and get me focused a little since I had been resting for almost 2 hours. She walked 3 times and then came to get me, grabbed a couple of cookies and out we went. Just as we walked inside they were calling us into the ring.

Once we get in the ring, the judge told Mom to set up on either side of the honor sign and Mom was to put her back to the course. We got in position and Mom started to do that and realized that would put her on the other side of a sign. So she had to break connection with me to talk to the judge as that would not work. The judge apologized and gave us a new spot to set up. I don't do well in the ring all frazzled and after Mom breaks connection. Plus our new spot is not much better as the dog is coming over the jump and right into my space. We were able to get set up in our new spot and the Judge started the other dog.

I watched Mom like I am supposed to until I saw the dog headed my way. Mom said that my eyes got really big as he was sailing over the jump and headed my way. She asked me to watch and told me what a great boy I was. Then we were good, and I passed my honor station. We were released and off to celebrate.

No comments: