Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Friday, October 21, 2011

Novice Wild Card

Mom entered us in Novice Wild Card to practice Novice in a competition. Wild Card class is not a titling class, Mom is allowed to talk to me and we can have one "free" class that we do not lose points. Mom just wanted to get an idea of where we are in Novice Competition. Well, probably not where she thought we would be. I just have a hard time doing my pretty heeling in the ring. She did learn that if she walks REALLY fast, almost running, that helps me. So I guess we will be speedX2 walking in the future. I was better in the ring than my Beginner Novice and I can do great on all the other exercises.

But then to Challenge #6. The judge told Mom to stand me and leave when ready for my stand for exam. Just as Mom was telling me to wait, the ring beside us burst out in cheers and people whistling and yelling and cheering. Mom was good to me and stopped and looked at the judge. She did not leave me with my back to all of that. The judge said we could take a minute while this was going on. A dog in the other ring earned a perfect score -wow - I would cheer too!! After they were finished, we set up and continued our class. I did great on all my other exercises and Mom lost us points (Big smile) I had another perfect, fast recall and a straight front. Then Mom gave a hand and verbal signal for my finish - uuummm, not allowed Mom. She realized it just as she did it, but too late. The judge came over and told her about it. :)

We went out and celebrated and I got cookies. There was one more dog then our sits and downs. Mom has been worried about them as we do not practice in a group setting very often. But I did them perfect!! I even fell asleep on my down stay I was so relaxed. When we were done, out of the ring (perfect heeling out of the ring BTW :) and more cookies to celebrate and we are done for the day.

No comments: