Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Friday, October 7, 2011

show and go fun

Mom and I have been really working on our heeling and going to some show and go's to, as mom says, "improve ring performance." Whatever she means by that?? Well, after some video reviewing, it seems that Mom needs to improve her ring performance. She has been bending over when we start which really confuses me as that is not how we heel. And then she turns her shoulder back toward me and that means for me to push away and then she wonders why I do? Well, she finally figured all this out and we went to a run through tonight and she did great :) So, that means that I did great too!

We did sits and downs first so the others could leave. There were 4 Goldens and me!! The one beside me smelled funny and I stretched my neck to smell him. Mom told me to "watch" so I did and then he stretched his neck to smell me. hey, I DON'T smell??!!! Other than that, my stays were great.

We took my new bunny stick and we played between exercises and that was a lot of fun. I leaped and bounced and celebrated. My first start on the figure 8 took me by surprise as I really wasn't paying attention. Mom started over and then it was perfect. Guess I better pay attention all the time in the ring. We did 2 stands, one facing each direction, and they were great. Then our off leash heeling. I think I did better than Mom. She slows down when we turn and I get confused. She needs to work on that. Then we did 2 recalls, again, one from each direction. Mom said my fronts were great and I am learning to judge the distance better so I don't run into her. When she calls me, I go so fast, it is hard for me to judge were she is. I got up on the second one as I was in a dark scary corner. Mom made me go back and wait anyways. My finishes were good, but Mom said I was not straight so she made me "get it in" before rewarding me.

We had soo much fun!! I want to go do it again.

No comments: