Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Scary day for Me and Mom!

I had to go to the hospital today for more "inside pictures" so no breakfast, no snacks, no cookies and my appt wasn't until later so I had to wait a long time to eat. Mom said they were going to ultrasound my organs - whatever that means?? I just know it means a day with no food, going to a strange place, going with people I don't know and have odd things done to me. I knew Mom was worried too, I guess she was worried at what they might find. It wasn't so bad when we got there as there were a lot of dog friends. There were probably 10 dogs waiting. Mom and I sat over in the corner to fill out paperwork and I was a good boy and sat beside her and watched everyone. There was an older Golden on the floor close to me and I tried to get him to play, but he was not interested. He just gave me looks like "knock it off kid." Wow - can't blame me for trying. If we have to come here, at least we can have fun :)

Then they came and talked to Mom and got all my information and why I was there and then off I went - without Mom!! They tried to make me lay on some big, cold table and I said no way!! I guess the doctor went out and talked to Mom and told her I was big, young, strong and didn't want to lay on a table. So they got permission to give me some stuff to "knock the edge off." Like that is supposed to be funny??

Shortly after they were done with the test, they took me back to Mom and we were in a different room with couches? hmmm, this is not where I left her?? I could hardly stand up, but refused to sit down. I walked and walked and walked... Dr Shiroma came in and told Mom that all my organs looked good. whew!! I could tell Mom already felt better. He did say my prostate was "bright" and that was unusual. But it is usually dark and full of pockets if it is bad. He recommended I be neutered? hmm.... wonder what THAT means?? more days without breakfast and going to another hospital. I think I have done enough of that lately.

We went to the van and I got in and laid down. Mom was worried how she was going to get me out?? When we got home she and Gary moved everything out of the middle of the van so I could get out the other side of my cage. I didn't even know there was a door on that side. I went in the house and saw Gary's tuna fish and tried to lick it out of the bowl. I was hungry!!!

After demanding some food and walking around, Mom had a nice bed for me in the office complete with a fan to cool me off :) I crashed on the bed and slept for 2 hours. What a long day, for me and Mom!

No comments: