Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Sunday, November 21, 2010

On the road again..

We got up really early and hit the road again this morning. We were hoping our crating spot was still open as we did have a good spot. We were the first ones there, well, other than the trial secretary, so we got our spot back. Good thing too as someone came in behind us about 5 minutes later trying to find a good spot.

They were running a little different today and kept both rings going, they just didn't tell anyone they were going to do that today. We did our first course, Level 1 and did a great job. It was probably our best run of the weekend and earned a 207!

Then the challenges started and we didn't even know it. Mom walked our Level 2 course in the first ring and the judges took a lunch break so we took a walk. When we came back there were a few people in the back ring walking level 2. Mom asked if they did walk through and she was told no. She ran back and walked through a couple times, but thought there would be judges briefing and walk through after we ran the first course. It was almost our turn in the first ring and we heard them yell for us. We went to the first ring and was informed that we were supposed to go do the course in the back ring. huh?? no one told us they were even starting, we went back and did our best under the circumstances. Then when we finished, they were ready for us in the first ring. Wow, our heads were spinning. It would have been fine if they had told us. Luckily we are a good team and we worked together and made it happen.

They did awards and changed courses and had some more down time. We almost forgot we had one more run. After all the awards Mom was thinking it was time to pack up, but no... we get one more run. We had level 1 in the back ring and I was getting tired, it had been a long weekend. I did a good job, just a little slow on my sits. And then I did a great bonus and when Mom released me I bounced up and down and up and down.

We just earned our ARCHX in 5 straight trials. We were 8 for 8 for the weekend and all ARCHX qualifying scores. WOOHOO!!

Mom said that we should be able to play in Level 3 at our next trial. I hope so as I like those exercises.

No comments: