Welcome to my blog. This is all about me, Edge, and growing up with Mom and Gary. Mom was going to blog but I took over as it is a lot of fun. I am a Weimaraner that loves to hunt, play rally, agility, run, and eat good food. The World is my Playground and you are invited to share my experiences!


Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Successful but challenging day

We got up really early this morning and headed up north. Mom said we were going to play. I was really excited as I love to go meet new friends and play with Mom. We took a long walk when we got there and then went to get settled. We were doing pretty well and then a young male Weim shows up. He REALLY wanted to see me and his mom was not good at keeping him away. I was trying to focus and we had to keep moving away from him. Mom was worried about me going to him, but he would not leave me alone.

We finally went up the the ring as there was one more dog before me. I was working with Mom and all of a sudden this little dog comes flying over and bites my leg. HUH?!?? what did I do, I wasn't even looking. I screamed and held up my leg. Mom immediately checked me and it didn't break the skin, but I had saliva on my leg and I had to walk it off. We were next in the ring and I did really well, Mom said she was proud of me to recover so quickly. We earned our first Q of the weekend!

We had to go to the other ring for our next run and we had to walk down this long hall to the ring. The dog that bit me was in the ring and we were getting ready for our turn. Then he pooped in the ring! Yuck - that was nasty. So we had some down time and played some games. As he was coming out of the ring, Mom and I got way over by the wall and faced each other so we could give him as much room as possible. Well, his mom was not so nice, she wasn't paying that much attention. He charged me and barked really mean at me. I was really upset that he did that. Mom asked if we could have a few seconds as the judge saw what happened. But then when we walked in the ring, I could smell the nasty poop. Yuck, I am supposed to work with the poop smell?? Mom walked me a little, got my attention and we were off. It took me the first sign to get it together, but then I did great. Mom said she was SOOO proud of me to recover so quickly. Wow, what a morning!! It is not even 10:30 and I have been "attacked" twice and I didn't do anything.

After our first two runs, we were able to go out and take a walk. We had some down time and we went out to get some fresh air. I really needed it after working in that poopy ring!!

No comments: